I am finally making myself sit down and officially PLAN things (lots of things). Maybe that is an accomplished mission right there…hehe. Thank you, Mama Jenn, for your awesome Mission of the Month Checklist and link up for accountability!
- Implement our new Earned Behavior Chart System. My oldest of VERY routine and list oriented (even at 5). So, it I am hoping a visual way for him to see “how he’s doing” will help curb some of the excess melt downs. Basically, he begins with 5 smiley faces a day, and poor choices (fits, fights, etc) result in punishment (yes, we spank) and him having to turn over his smiley face into a sad face. More on this system later…
- Stop yelling! I come from a loooooong line of mom-yellers. One of our “House Rules” (to go with out new smiley face behavior system) is that we use our inside voices. I think if I expect this standard from my boys, then I should expect it from myself as well. So, this is something I am working on.
- Pray, with real purpose, for The Geek daily.
- Find a good couple’s bible study or devotion. The Geek is very picky about these, he’s very theologically minded and isn’t into “fluff” or “feelings” – any suggestions for us?!
- Get Set for 2012-13. I had the overwhelming ambition to go through summer…that was in June. A bit too ambitions for first time homeschoolers, I think. We can work into a year-round schedule. We needed time to assess (I needed it!) and regroup and plan more thoroughly for the coming year of KINDERGARTEN! Woo-hoo
- Complete my school prep checklist for August.
- Meal Plan and stick to it!
- Make better use of our Job Charts for the boys and for me! We started strong, but have fallen off the wagon, so to speak. Flipping those homemaking tasks really makes me feel good – I need to get back into it!!!
- I have a FIVE year old! Thing One officially turned 5 yesterday. Planning him a (self-picked!) Pirate Parrrrty for the 25th. Got invitations out today. I am so excited for his first “real” party. Usually it is just family friends…but thanks to Co-Op this past year, he has his own list of “Mateys” to invite! He’s growing up too fast. I teared up a little kissing him goodnight last night – 5 seems like such a big number!
- Sunday School – finish planning the remainder of my Fruits of the Spirit summer/fall curriculum for my PreK class. We have 5 Fruits left to go – it has been so fun to plan! The Geek is my puppet, the kids LOVE him. Well, they actually love Zeke, the puppet, haha.
- Get organized. Plan ahead for posts.
- Join in with the iHomeschool Blog Hop for August.
- Work with my very best friend (View from the Pew) to create a fun weekly linky. I miss her dearly, and now we have even one more way to connect – blogging!
Miscellaneous = North Spokane HomeSchool Connection (our Co-Op)
(this list is a mile long because I am one of the key volunteers, but here’s the major things)
- Prepare Family Binders for Orientation (by Sept 6)
- Print Name Tags and put kids’ schedule on the back (by Sept 6)
- Send out Preliminary Class Lists (by Friday 8/10)
- Send Out Room Assignments
- Send out Parent Placement List
- Create New Schedule Poster & New Gym Rules Poster (by Sept 6)
Well, that’s my super-charged Mission of the Month List. I’m hopeful for many accomplished items this month!